Friday, January 18, 2008

SORRY

I am sorry I have failed to keep up with this. I am working part time for a company called Nylynn Cosmetics. Yes, this is the same company that came and gave us a course in cosmetology when we were in high school. They have known my mom and me forever. Mom of course gave them and their kids shots. They mooned her for years! LOL
I have also started as a sub-contractor with Farm & Ranch Healthcare, we have about nine different insurance companies that I can write Health, Life, & Accident Insurance. We have a booth set up right now at the Fort Worth Stock Show, so I have been and will be working that Jan.11-Feb.3. Along with working the booth, I am also setting appointments to sell the insurance. CRAZY! But, one of my leads from the stock show yesterday turned out to be my 1st application with Farm & Ranch last night YEAH!!! Oh ya, did I mention I am a single mom with 2 kids? Yeah, I have to say they are a full time job, also! But, I have to say I am extremely BLESSED!!!!!! Just extremely BUSY!!!!
I got my insurance liscense the beginning of last year, and worked for a different company this last year. I wasn't real thrilled with the underwriting, and the limitations on being able to help people. Now I have the ability to build a plan that can help alot more people. I can even do Medicare supplements, which FYI should be reviewed every year. Another FYI, It is wise to not take a Life Insurance policy out through your work. Why? if you get laid off, quite, decide to change jobs etc... all the money you have put into that policy is GONE! Even with Health insurance through your company, if you become diagnosed with something, you are in a ball and chain situation. Get Life and Health Insurance when you are young, healthy, and KEEP IT! I am learning so much and realizing how important this is. Most people would look at me and never realize that I am Uninsurable! It is very unlikely that I could not get insurance anywhere except the Texas High Risk Pool, which goes up about three times a year and is insanely expensive. Because I have multiple conditions, that make me to high of a risk, not just one thing.
O.K. off my soap box. If I just bored you to tears. Sorry!
The girls are doing awesome! Lacy is still doing Farmerettes. They go to San Antonio for competition at the end of February. Lacy made the pom and the jazz dances. She is also doing competitive cheerleading, and has a competition Sunday in Frisco. Destiny is thinking of joining the same competitive cheer squad that Lacy is on. Destiny has her multipal backhand springs down. But all the other girls are older which means Destiny would fly HIGH!!! She is going to the practices, so we will see. Trying not to worry!! She has been making "A" Honor Roll. I am so proud!
Well a have to get ready for tomorrow. I will try to update more often!

2 comments:

Krista said...

good to see you are still hanging in there. The more kids you get-the busier it is. So fun, but crazy.

Andrea "The H family" said...

great to hear your update!
hugs,
A